Options

Feature suggestion -- batch size

scottnelsonscottnelson Posts: 29
One feature that would greatly help me out is the ability to specify a batch size. I.e., after every so many SQL statements, insert a "GO".

I frequently use SQL Data Compare to generate scripts that I then zip (because they are huge), copy to another box, unzip, and then execute there from osql.exe via a Terminal Server command shell. (This allows me to shut down my laptop where Red Gate is installed and still have the script keep going.)

Because osql appears to buffer the script in memory until it hits a "GO," it seems to use excessive memory. Having the ability to specify the batch size would eliminate this.

I know this wouldn't work if using transactions, but that's OK for most purposes.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for your feedback. This seems to be an issue that quite a few users hit as the synchronization scripts can grow to an unmanageable size. This is already logged as a feature request in our tracking software and it is something that I'm hoping that we are going to be able to implement in a future version of SQL Data Compare.

For your reference the feature tracking code is: SDC-771