Options

VS 2017 error since last update

andymcinnesandymcinnes Posts: 3 New member
edited May 24, 2017 1:04PM in ReadyRoll
Since the last update in VS 2017 I get the following error for one of our two database projects in our solution:

The imported project C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\ReadyRoll\octopack\tools\OctoPack.targets was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration was correct, and that the file exists on the disk.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\ReadyRoll\ReadyRoll.Data.Schea.SSDT.targets

The project won't load even when I right click and select reload the project. I was finding I had to do this anyway in vs 2017 for ReadyRoll to be able to read the sqlproj files for the solution, probably as a result of the lightweight load. But this one just won't load at all now.

Any clues?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I have the same problem.

It looks like the MSBuild directory that Visual Studio 2017 uses to build the database project has changed from C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild.

This could be a change in the last VS2017 update (15.2) or something in an update for ready roll.

As a work around I copied the OctoPack folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\ReadyRoll to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\ReadyRoll
  • Options
    Alex TAlex T Posts: 5 New member
    We've release a new version (1.14.1.3831) last week that should fix this regression. Could you please update and see if that works for you?
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    t_ect_ec Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    @redgate I am a bit confused right now.

I had a working build process on our agent system, but now it fails because:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\ReadyRoll\ReadyRoll.Data.Schema.SSDT.targets" was not found.

I looked up the VS 2017 Prof & Enterprise installation folders and those files are now laying under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\ReadyRoll"

It fails because my "*.sqlproj" file cannot find the path.

How can I fix the content of the *.sqlproj file? And how did this happen?

I created and deployed the ReadyRoll project in Mid August, but now nothing works anymore ;-(
  • Options
    @t_ec

This appears to be caused by a bug, however there's a workaround that you can use:

Replace the value of <ReadyRollTargetsPath> with the location of the targets file on your build agent:

<ReadyRollTargetsPath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\ReadyRoll\ReadyRoll.Data.Schema.SSDT.targets</ReadyRollTargetsPath>

This just tells ReadyRoll the correct place to look for the .targets file.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools