Scrolling

sagesmithsagesmith Posts: 7 New member
At certain resolutions the bottom of Prompt's prompt is getting clipped for me. I can't seem to get to the two tabs at the bottom. Anyone know a way around this?
Tagged:

Comments

• sagesmithsagesmith Posts: 7 New member
    screen shot

btw - just updated my prompt to latest 7.5.1.1000
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi sagesmith,

You can adjust the size of the suggestions box by opening the file, %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 7\RedGate_SQLPrompt_CommonUI_Options_UIOptions.xml, and editing these two values (the ones shown are the default values):

<CandidateListWidth>350</CandidateListWidth>
    <CandidateListHeight>200</CandidateListHeight>

Can you please give this a try?

I hope that helps but please let us know if not!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• sagesmithsagesmith Posts: 7 New member
    Jessica,

That worked great, thanks! I found the values like this:

<CandidateListWidth>878</CandidateListWidth>
    <CandidateListHeight>1084</CandidateListHeight>

A couple of questions for you:

1. Would your developers consider exposing these settings somewhere in the UI?
    2. Better yet, could your developers dynamically set this on boot and/or resize events with offsets from the environment Prompt is hosted in?

Reason why I ask is because I'm not always at one work place during the week. My screen resolution goes from tablet on my surface to TV during presentations on a regular basis.
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi sagesmith,

I'm so glad to hear that helped!

I think those are definitely good suggestions- could you kindly post them to our uservoice forum here: https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt

Our developers use that forum when considering new features to add so it would be great to have your suggestions on there!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?