New version of Visual Studio and SQL Server

How do I add SQL Prompt to my new versions of Visual Studio and SQL Server?
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi MagnaFred,

Thanks for the feedback, sorry our installer is not working well for you.

On the other thread you said:
    I have the same problem. I have uninstalled SQL Prompt and then tried to reinstalled, but I get the error message "This extension is already installed to all applicable products." I even have reboot the computer and I get the same message.

Could I confirm that you are unable to install SQL Prompt? Which versions are you trying to install into?

Cheers,
    Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
  • MagnaFredMagnaFred Posts: 7 Bronze 2
    I upgraded to VS 2017 and SSMS 2016. I have SQL Prompt V. 7.5.1. I ran the uninstall from the Programs and Features section under the Control Panel in Windows. (I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise) It did remove SQL Prompt from my previous versions of VS ans SSMS. I noticed the directory of SQL Prompt is missing from C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate also. But I still get the message: "This extension is already installed to all applicable products."
  • Hi MagnaFred,

That makes sense, thanks for explaining.

Would it be possible to have a screenshot of the message "This extension is already installed to all applicable products." so we can see where that is happening in the installation process?

Cheers,
    Michael
    Michael Clark
    Technical Lead, SQL Monitor
    Here is what I am seeing:
    e9scypijucfn.png

When connecting to a new server in SSMS it shows SQL Prompt loading the databases. This tells me that the Uninstaller did not uninstall all of SQL Prompt.
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi MagnaFred,

Hm, that's odd, which installer are you using? Can you kindly give the one here a try: ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLPrompt/11Apr2017/SQLPrompt_7.5.1.1000.exe

Should that fail with the same error though, can we please check a few things:
    - Are there any new logs generated in %localappdata%\Red Gate\Logs\SQL Prompt 7 since uninstalling?
    - Can you kindly double check if SQL Prompt is still listed as installed under Programs and Features? (we have seen some cases where programs may look like they've uninstalled, but still re-appear after a refresh)

Thank you!

Jessica Ramos

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

I was using this: RedGate.SQLPrompt.VsPackage.vsix

After using the exe that you provided, the installation completed with no errors. Everything is working now in both environments.

Thank you!
    Fred
  • Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Fred,

That's great news! Please let us know if anything else comes up.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?