Click multiple checkboxes tables

Hi all, first of all I am newbie in data compare softwareand I am using Version 2.6.5.1090 of Data Compare.
The issue I have is that I have a list of tables (about 500) both in source and destination schemas and I want to tranfer the data
from source to dest.
But unfortunately I can't click all the checkboxes in order to compare these tables.

Is it any way/functionality to import these tables and automatically be checked the checkboxes ?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post.
    What checkboxes are you referring to? Are the checkboxes you are referring to on the Project configuration ->Tables & Views Tab? Or the check boxes on the Comparison Results view after a successful comparison?

If you are referring to the Project configuration ->Tables & Views Tab, I suspect that the tables you are comparing do not have a automatic comparison key. Data Compare for Oracle needs a comparison key to match the rows of data. Data Compare for Oracle automatically selects a comparison key when tables contain a matching primary key, unique index, or unique constraint. If the tables do not have an automatic comparison key, the user can set a custom comparison key. Setting a custom comparison key is a manual process and needs to be set individually for each table that does not have an automatic comparison key. This help article contains further information:
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/display/DCO2/Selecting+tables+to+compare

If you are on the Comparison Results, by default all rows that differ are selected for deployment. It is a manual process if you choose to deselect rows so that they are not included in the deployment.
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/display/DCO2/Setting+up+the+deployment

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thanks a lot for your answer.
    I am referring to Project configuration ->Tables & Views Tab.

I think it would be very useful if there was an "import custom tables" button reading a file with tables for automatically checking tables next to "All" , "None"
  • Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your reply.

Sorry, I am slightly confused by your comment:
    [I think it would be very useful if there was an "import custom tables" button reading a file with tables for automatically checking tables next to "All" , "None" ].

The application does not have a crystal ball, the tables that cannot be compared cannot be automatically included in the comparison, as the application does not know what column or columns to use as the comparison key. Hence why they are omitted from the comparison.

Also, if there was an "import custom tables" button what would occur if Data Compare for Oracle selected the an incorrect comparison key and the problems this would cause? By using the Primary Key or Unique Constraint, Data Compare for Oracle will be able to identify the rows of data to compare and provide the best comparison results.

Therefore I doubt that you will ever see an "import custom tables" button.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com