Options

Permissions

In most cases, we likely have a different permission set in PROD where images are derived from, than in DEV/QA/UAT, where the clones will eventually be. I don't see any native method within the product to assist with this. It remains the same as it always has; restore from PROD and manually adjust the permissions as required. It seems a real shame to have this wonderful tool that can cut down deployment times by 99%, yet I still have to adjust permissions the (slow) old way.

Double-sided question. First, are there plans to incorporate some type of feature-set into SQL Clone to address this? And two, other than the traditional methods, are there other solutions out there that work equally well to replace permissions in clones? Can anyone share how they've addressed this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi TGallant,

Thanks for your post!

I'm not sure I completely understand the permissions you'd like to adjust - Would you be able to go into a little more detail for the current manual process that you're using to adjust the permissions?

We're currently doing some research into access control/permissions on the SQL Clone web interface, as well as ways to mask data. However I'm not sure if either of those would help you. Any more details you could provide on what you'd like to see would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Aaron.