How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Reports - summary tiles

Can you give more detail as to how the data is captured for the pre-canned summary tiles.

For example Longest running queries, for past 12 hours, is showing me a query that it says has a duration of 21:06:44.
I have not had a long-running alert for this query, so wondered if the duration is an aggregation rather than the duration of a given instance of the query.

Comments

• Options

Hi Kevan,

That's right, the tile shows the top 5 queries by total execution time within the selected period.

What is most useful for you to see on this particular summary tile?

• Options
    kevrileykevriley Posts: 129 Gold 1

Adam,

I think it was just confusingly named, as these aren't what we would consider to be long-running queries, just those that cumulatively have taken a long time.

On an aggregated level, I often don't care if a query that takes 1s has been run 10,000 times, racking up nearly 3 hours of duration, especially if it only takes 1ms of CPU.

I guess if you showed individual long running queries for the selected period you could end up with the same top 5. Maybe determine the top 5 different queries that have been individually long-running, then show the cumulative, min and max durations? Did I explain that correctly???

• Options

Thanks for the explanation, that makes a lot of sense. We are making some more improvements to the reporting so we'll consider something along the lines you suggest.

Thanks
    Adam