SQL Doc upgrade crashed SSMS

a.higginsa.higgins Posts: 62 Bronze 1
edited March 15, 2017 1:06PM in SQL Doc
This morning, SQL Doc prompted me to install the latest version. I did so, and was immediately unable to open SSMS - every time it would come up, throw an "SSMS has stopped working" error, attempt to restart itself, throw another "SSMS has stopped working" error, and then die.

I rebooted my machine and performed a Repair Install of SSMS without any change. Then, I uninstalled SQL Doc and was instantly back in.

I'm running Windows 7 on an x64 machine (Operating System 6.1.7601), using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio version 13.0.16106.4

For now, I'm going to run without SQL Doc ... let me know if there's any other information I can provide that would help you.

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 664 Rose Gold 5
    Hi a.higgins,

My apologies for the issue you are experiencing with SQL Doc crashing your SSMS!

It seems there's an issue where SSMS 2016 is crashing when either SQL Prompt or the latest of all three of (SQL Doc, SQL Data Generator and SQL Dependency Tracker) are installed at the same time. Removing either Prompt or the three other programs will stop SSMS from crashing. If you don't use either Prompt or the other three tools you can remove one or the other or you can use this installer to install the previous versions of the three tools which work properly together with the latest version of SQL Prompt.

The developers are working to get the issue sorted out and should have a new installer out in the near future.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you run into any further issues!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 664 Rose Gold 5

Hi a.higgins,

We've now released a version of the SQL Toolbelt with the latest versions of the products that all work together in SSMS 2016. Please download it here and let me know if you run into any further issues!

Kind regards,
    Alex

Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?