Options

BUG: Views are incorrectly marked as changed

Andrey NikolovAndrey Nikolov Posts: 4 New member
edited March 27, 2017 2:45PM in SQL Source Control
When leaving SSMS opened for a while (e.g. overnight), all views in a database under source control are shown in Object Explorer as "changed":
2017-03-02_1449.png
The rest of the objects (tables, SPs, etc.) as correctly identified as "committed"/"unchanged".
When opening SQL Source Control add-in and refreshing the status, views are correctly shown as "committed"/"unchanged":
2017-03-02_1450.png
SQL Source control is latest stable version (5.4.2.4269).

Comments

• Options
    Sergio RSergio R Posts: 610 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Andrey,

Do you get this all the time?

Does it just happen with Views?

I have just tested using AdventureWorks 2014 linked to a working folder using SSMS 2014 and in my case I got no blue blobs.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Options
    Andrey NikolovAndrey Nikolov Posts: 4 New member
    edited March 23, 2017 6:41AM
    Hello Sergio,

I got this pretty often, but it does not happen immediately after I start SSMS, but later. If I leave it running overnight I believe I get this (almost) every time, but it also happens for shorter periods of time (lets say after an hour). I'm running SSMS 2016 however (version 13.0.16106.4, or 16.5.3 according the versioning in the download page). SQL Server is 2016 SP1 (13.0.4202.2). It happens only with views. I never got it with other type of objects.

Best regards,
  • Options
    While I was typing my response to your question, it happened again :)
    2017-03-23_1229.png
    The blue dot for the tables is correct - there is one modified table. However all views are commited and no blue dots should be shown for any of them. If I open SQL Source Control add-in, it will refresh their state and clear the dots.
    Here is what I did:
    1) Run SSMS
    2) Connect to the server
    3) In Object Explorer, drill down to a versioned database and expand list of views
    4) Leave SSMS opened (no query windows opened, SQL Source Control is not opened either) and start using another app.
    I'm using Visual SVN Server version 3.5.7.
  • Options
    Hi Andrey,

I have opened a support ticket to investigate this issue further.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
  • Options
    This happens because those views are being refreshed regularly, going into the commit tab will make the blue dots disappear.
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd