Options

How to list a group of script and apply it depending on the

Nehal.ShahNehal.Shah Posts: 13
edited November 20, 2008 6:03AM in SQL Multi Script
Hi,

We are having license copy of SQL Compare and multiscript.

We have one requirement which I don’t know how to achieve.
We need to upgrade database when we want to upgrade to higher version.
For this we have sets of SQL queries that needs to be applied before SQL Compare and synchronies.
Now this set varies depending on the version to which we want to upgrade the database.
i.e. if we want to update it to
Version 1.1 – 6 sql scripts needs to be applied,
Version 1.2 – 9 sql scripts needs to be applied,
Version 1.3 – 8 sql scripts needs to be applied and so on.

If we use SQL Multi Script than each time we have to select that many scripts.
Instead of this if we have file containing list of this script than on loading this file all the sql script should load.

Can you suggest solution for the above situation?

Thanks
Mr Nehal Shah

PS: Let me know if i am in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Options
    Hello Mr. Shah,

I believe what you're asking for is something that we've been referring to internally as "projects" -- ie, a way of remembering the lists of scripts, their execution order, the target databases and other settings, for easy re-use. This isn't currently supported within SQL Multi Script 1.1, but is something we're considering for a future release. However, it's currently possible to drag and drop scripts from Windows Explorer into SQL Multi Script; so if you are able to easily identify the scripts within Windows Explorer (eg, have them all together within a folder), then this might be of some help.

At the moment, I'm running a survey to collate feedback from as many people as possible on how they use SQL Multi Script, and how they'd like to see it enhanced in the future. If you have a few minutes spare, please add your views and opinions to the survey -- it's at:

https://www.surveymk.com/s.aspx?sm=fRLJ8ET4RKa8Ea80cgiQSQ_3d_3d

(this survey is mentioned in a forum post here).

Best regards,

Colin.