Options

What happened to SSMS Integration?

rlrcstrrlrcstr Posts: 9
edited March 7, 2017 5:38AM in SQL Compare
I just installed SSMS 2016. I ran the latest SQL Toolbelt install thinking it would add all the tools to SSMS. Only a couple were there. So I tried uninstalling every toolbelt tool (is there a way to do this in bulk?) and re-installed. I still have no right-click menu options for SQL Compare or SQL Data Compare... Was this removed or is it not, yet, available for SSMS 2016?

Thanks.

J

Edit: I noticed that, after uninstalling and re-installing, these items are no longer in SSMS 2014 install, either... Is the new installer not adding these?

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your post!

This is the link to the latest SQL Toolbelt: ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/SQLT ... olbelt.zip

This should have the tools that support SQL 2016.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I am running build 3760. The install you pointed does not seem to think it needs to upgrade what I already have installed. Is there a way to force it to just re-register with SSMS? Do I have to uninstall everything, again? (Is there an uninstaller that will remove all the Toolbelt apps or do I have to go one by one?) I think I tried running a "repair", as well, from control panel, but that didn't help, either. (Feedback for the devs... an app "repair" should verify that all integration points are properly registered...)

Thoughts?

Thanks.

J
  • Options
    There's another component called the SSMS Integration Pack, which is versioned separately from SQL Compare itself. You should see it as one of the checkboxes in the Toolbelt installer.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software