Options

Edit Styles Not Usable on 4K Monitor

TUellnerTUellner Posts: 56 Bronze 5
edited February 14, 2017 3:12PM in SQL Prompt
When using SQL Prompt on a laptop with a 4K display, the edit styles display is unusable. The text is huge and you can only see a small portion of the screen. I have 2 1920x1080 displays and even if I try to move the screen onto those displays it still stays huge with most the the dialog inaccessible.

The rest of the options screen works fine.

-Tom
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post and so sorry to hear you're running into some problems! We unfortunately do have known issues with higher DPI levels like the ones you are seeing.

Apologies as I know it's not ideal, but can you kindly try lowering your DPI level ("Make text and other items larger or smaller") to confirm if that helps?

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    Hi Jessica,

I have a 1980x1200 display attached to the laptop as well and even if I launch it on that display it must still pick up the screen resolution of the main screen and displays huge text. Looks like redgate is going to need to make some developer very happy and get them a 4k screen to fix the problem. :)

-Tom
  • Options
    :D

Thanks for your feedback on this, I'll pass it onto our developers. Can I just make sure though--if you do lower the DPI/"make text and other items larger or smaller" level, does that help at all on the main screen?

• Options
    :D

Thanks for your feedback on this, I'll pass it onto our developers. Can I just make sure though--if you do lower the DPI/"make text and other items larger or smaller" level, does that help at all on the main screen?

If I try to lower the scaling back to 100% I won't be able to read the screen on a 17" laptop. It will be almost impossible for me to see to return the settings to their current state.
    Sorry, I know that's not helpful...
  • Options
    Hi Tom,

Ah okay I understand, no worries!

Can you please share a screenshot of what you're seeing so that I can provide it to our developers?

• Options
    Hi Tom,

Ah okay I understand, no worries!

Can you please share a screenshot of what you're seeing so that I can provide it to our developers?

This is as much height as I can get on my 1920x1200 screen (Less on the 4K screen)

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuR8RT_tIT7zhWBdVylFlCbzbCK6
  • Options
    I noticed this too on my new 4k monitor.
  • Options
    Thanks Tom and sorry to hear you're running into this as well @Reabon!

We've got this logged as SP-6082 and I will post here once I have an update.

So sorry for the troubles caused for now!

• Options
    FabiolaBFabiolaB Posts: 54 Silver 3
    Hello @TUellner, @Reabon

This issue should be fixed in our latest version of SQL Prompt 8.0.8.2086 (installer here).

You can find more information about this release in this forum post.

Kind regards,
    Fabiola
  • Options
    Thank you Fabiola. Looks great!