Silent install SQL Compare Pro Bundle?

rdameronrdameron Posts: 13
edited November 14, 2008 12:09PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
We recently purchased 40 licenses of the SQL Compare Pro bundle.

I'd like to push the product to our DBAs laptops via Marimba and activate automatically. Is there a silent install option for this product?

I'm also hoping Marimba can activate the product without sending the serial key to every DBA.

Regards,

Ron Dameron

Comments

• You can extract the underlying MSIs (and MSTs with the installation paths) from the installer program by running the installer with the parameter '/extract:<directory to extract to>' and picking the products you want from the resulting installer-extraction UI. Then you can use this MSI/MST pair in the usual way that you can use any MSI/MST, including the standard quiet installation mode.

In addition you can specify the property 'RG_LICENSE=001-001-000001-ABCD' to the MSI from the command line which should register the product assuming that the internet is accessible from the machine you're installing on and you use a valid serial number (it will just fail silently to register and install a trial version if there are any problems).

Hope that helps - please get back to me if there are any problems or you need a more comprehensive guide to using MSIs and MSTs for quiet installation.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software