Analysis Graph not showing the data

DeepakDeepak Posts: 7 New member
edited February 13, 2017 6:12AM in SQL Monitor 6
Hi there,
I have upgraded the SQL monitor from version 5 to version 6 , however when i tried to collect data with respect to Machine processor time ,Machine : memory used ,SQL: free memory, etc., there is no data shown in the analysis graph except a message saying "No data for the specified time range". Could somebody shed lights on how to troubleshoot it with the steps?

thanks in advance!
Deepak

Comments

• Hi Deepak,

Thanks for posting on the redgate forums.

Are all other parts of SQL Monitor working?

I would first check the monitored servers page, configuration > monitored servers. For the server that is having problems, mouse over the cog and select show log. If there are any errors here please do let me know and I will further investigate these.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • DeepakDeepak Posts: 7 New member
    Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply. I have checked the errors under log section of the particular server which is being monitored and found no errors or warnings. could you let me know how to check why these metrics are not being captured when there are no errors?

thanks
    Deepak
  • HI Deepak,

Can you try restarting the SQL Monitor base monitor service to see if this kicks everything back into life.

You could also try resetting the WMI counters by following the instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... r2-systems

Please do let me know how you get on.
    Kind regards,
    Dan Bainbridge
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • DeepakDeepak Posts: 7 New member
    Hi Dan,
    Thank you very much for your reply. Your solution to restart the base monitor have really worked in getting the analysis graph working in my environment.

thank you once again!

Regards
    Deepak