Compare Window Does Not Sort Correctly by Last Modified

conradakungaconradakunga Posts: 5 Bronze 1
edited February 14, 2017 11:54AM in SQL Compare
The compare window, where you view the database objects from both source and target databases has a last modified column.

Sorting by this column does not seem to work correctly, or is there an overriding creiterion?

Hd0y64s.png

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi Conrad,

I see this behaviour as well and I've reported it to the developers as SC-9209 for further investigation!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Yeah I have the same problem as the OP.

Alex, I see that you reported this to the developers. Any word from them? When this will be fixed? Thanks in advance
  • Hi Steven,

No news yet, but they are looking into it currently. I'll update here when I have further information.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Hi all,

The developers have let me know this has been fixed in the latest frequent release 12.1.5 (release notes) released today. This page provides guidance on enabling frequent updates.

Please update to this version and let me know if you are still experiencing any issues sorting by the Last Modified column.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Thanks Alex, will check it out.

Of note is that SQL Data Compare also has the same problem when sorting the rows.
  • Hi Conrad,

Can you elaborate on where this happens in SQL Data Compare? I can't see a Last Modified column in 12.1.4 (which would have been the latest before the fix for the issue in SQL Compare). Do you mean the data columns don't sort on the dates correctly? Can you provide an example? I just did a small test and the data rows that have dates appear to be sorting properly for me.

Kind regards,
    Alex