Options

Reg:Proper usage of ANTS profiler

Hi Team,

My company is interested to purchase ANTS Profiler tool to find out the web application memory leak problem.

To evaluate .net web application, memory leak problem with the help of ANTS Profiler tool…
We installed ANTS Profiler (trial Version), we have followed the same steps as mention in website video.
We could not able to figure out the result of the tool.
Scenarios:

As we navigate from one screen to another screen its taking much time for snapshot around 3-4 hrs..
We would like to know that, how to evaluate individual screen results with in application..
I want to evaluate inner page result that would load when I click on main page header tab.

Please could you help me out to properly use ANTS Profiler
Management is waiting for our evaluation result to purchase the ANTS Profiler.

Thanks
Mujeebuddin

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I'm sorry that you're finding the software a bit difficult to use. We will be producing a new video specific to ASP .NET in the very near future to demonstrate how you can profile this type of application to find a memory leak.

Unfortunately, ANTS Memory Profiler does not have any functionality specific to ASP .NET, but you may be able to see which objects belong to an ASP .NET page using the class names of the listed objects, provided that the class names roughly correspond to the names of the pages.