Options

Nested or non standard directories within database repo?

arjabbararjabbar Posts: 2
edited January 13, 2017 11:20PM in SQL Source Control
Is it possible to still use SQL Source Control through SSMS effectively with having some Stored Procedure stored in a different directory or in a nested directory within the Stored Procedures directory that SQL Source Control uses by default? I need a way to mark certain stored procedures as "Do not deploy" but I also need to keep them in version control and exclude them entirely. The build pipeline right now creates one sql file for deploying to customers, but I would like a way of being able to tell which sprocs to include in the final sql file that will be generated. I'm open to alternative ideas if anyone has them.

AJ

Comments

• Options
    Hey Aj,

Thanks for contacting us!
    You can nest folders, however it will still pick those objects up, and there is an easier way to do this.
    I recommend that you initially Commit those object to the source controlled repository, then use a Filter to exclude those objects from future commits. More info https://documentation.red-gate.com/disp ... ng+filters
    If you are using DLM Automation for your pipeline, it automatically picks up that filter and applies it when building/synching/testing/deploying.

Do let me know if you have any issues with that!
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software