Options

Manual Activation alleged success, but UI refuses to see it

PDinCAPDinCA Posts: 642 Silver 1
edited January 10, 2017 12:42PM in SQL Backup
As the Server is behind a tight firewall, manual activation was attempted. Successfully generated the request, pasted to the activation page, received a response, pasted to the UI and saw a green icon with success.

Closed the manual dialog and the server still shows that activation is required.

Closed the UI and re-opened - still in Trial.

Do not want to retry in case this decrements the available activation by another notch.

Please advise...

Version: 8.4.0.508 on Win2012R2
Jesus Christ: Lunatic, liar or Lord?
Decide wisely...

Comments

• Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Could you please run the following in Management Studio when connected to the instance and post the results for @mode and @version? Also, does @serial return the correct serial number?
    DECLARE @mode INT
    DECLARE @version varchar(128)
    DECLARE @serial varchar(128)
    EXEC master..sqbutility 1021, @mode OUTPUT, @version OUTPUT, @serial OUTPUT
    SELECT @mode, @version, @serial

Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Hi Peter,

I re-ran the manual process, but saved the output to file from your site. Copy-pasted the file and imported, and it took it this time.

The query you supplied will, hopefully, now show as non-trial. The UI is behaving properly...
      mode = 3, Version = 8.4.0.992
    This goes down as one of those "huh?" incidents as I can no longer reproduce the problem. Guess it should be closed-out.

My concern is that with TWO attempts, I've taken TWO activations off my count. Please either assure me that isn't the case, or direct me to have your licensing folks attend to deleting one from last week ..

Regards,

Stephen
    Decide wisely...
  • Options
    peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Activations are machine-specific, so if you created the activation requests from the same machine (i.e. the machine ID value is identical in both attempts), it only counts as a single activation.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Options
    Relieved. Thanks, Peter.
    Decide wisely...