Options

SQL Prompt 7 Exceptions!!

philip.borchertphilip.borchert Posts: 2 New member
edited January 4, 2017 7:50PM in SQL Prompt
UPDATE: Fresh eyes and ideas this morning, I loaded up trusty SysInternals Procmon and attempted to watch the madness that is SSMS running. It seemed to be going to .NET Reflector directories for some strange reason. So I figured I've uninstalled and reinstalled almost everything, I can dump reflector for the moment. I dump reflector, I clear out everything else with it. The RedGate directory in c:programdata the "Red Gate" directory in Program Files (x86) Uninstall SQL Prompt and the Redgate Shared Framework again... reinstalled SQLPrompt.... AND PROBLEM SOLVED.

I've tried to google for a solution for this everywhere but have not found anything. I've recently installed SQL Prompt 7.3 and now when I launch SSMS I get several errors. I've tried to send each of them to redgate.

Using SQL Express 2012 Advanced 64 bit.

Could not load file or assembly 'RedGate.SqlPrompt.Metadata, Version=7.2.4.291, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Could not load file or assembly 'RedGate.SqlPrompt.Metadata, Version=7.2.4.291, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Error activating ISqlPromptOptions No matching bindings are available, and the type is not self-bindable.

Then exiting SSMS I get the following.
Error activating ICommandController No matching bindings are available, and the type is not self-bindable.

I cannot find any logs or anything to help me in troubleshooting this. I've also reinstalled SQL Server 2012 Express Advanced to fix the issue and that did not help.

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Thanks for the update on this issue, it's great to hear you've got things working!

It sounds like the install of either SQL Prompt or the SSMS Integration Pack Framework 1 may have been corrupted and just needed a reinstall. If you have ever enabled debugging on that particular dll though and if .NET Reflector needed to set the devpath for it, that may have been causing it to load assemblies from the Reflector path, though I'm not sure if that was contributing to the issue.

Nonetheless, it's great to hear you've got things working and thank you for sharing your solution!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?