Options

Setting up anonymous SMTP Notifications on DLM Dashboard

gdubyahgdubyah Posts: 2
edited December 1, 2016 12:35PM in DLM Dashboard
Hi, I am trying to set up notifications for the DLM Dashboard. We do not have secure SMTP and I do not have credentials, so I need to use anonymous authentication (as told by our system admin).. but there is no option for this. How can I set up anonymous authentication for SMTP on DLM Dashboard. The connection info I am using is correct: port, SMTP server.

Failed to send the test email.
Error message from the server was: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: SMTP authentication is required.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post!

DLM Dashboard does support anonymous authentication, but it needs to be enabled manually on DLM Dashboard's underlying RavenDB database. Can you kindly:

1 - Visit the Configure Email Notifications page and configure as needed, then click the Save button (don't worry about testing it, as it would fail at this point)
    2 - On the machine where DLM Dashboard is installed, in Internet Explorer, visit: http://localhost:21060/raven/studio.htm ... Csystem%3E (please note that this uses Silverlight so it must be browsed to via Internet Explorer
    3 - Change "UseDefaultCredentials" to false
    4 - Change "Username" to null
    5 - Change "Password" to null
    6 - Click the Save button

DLM Dashboard should now be able to send emails -- please try making a change to one of your databases that triggers an email to test this.

(Please note that in the future, if you click Save on the Configure Email Notifications page, it'll reset the authentication type so you would need to re-make the changes above to get it working again.)

I hope that helps! Please let us know how you get on.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?