Options

Can't format the pseudo column %%physloc%%

ogrishmanogrishman Posts: 81 Bronze 4
edited December 10, 2016 6:28AM in SQL Prompt
There is an undocumented column in SQL Server called %%physloc%%. You can get more information from here at http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/sql ... -function/ It's undocumented but it's very useful sometimes. Right now SQL Prompt can't format scripts that have %%physloc%% in them. Not sure if you guys want to add the support to format it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! Would you be able to post it at our UserVoice site? That way other users will be able to vote on your suggestion if they would like to see it implemented.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Honestly I consider this as some kind of bug rather than a formatting enhancement.
    I use the function a lot during presentation and whenever I need to reformat the entire code this function causes Redgate (and MS intellisense) to fail which will draw the attention of the audience to Redgate SQL Prompt in a negative way...
    Despite of the fact that the function is not officially supported it would be nice to see the implementation in some of the next releases without the survey beforehand.

Many thanks for your support!