[BUG] Fields not prioritized when hitting ENTER (vs TAB)

mbourgonmbourgon Posts: 32 Bronze 2
edited November 18, 2016 12:32PM in SQL Prompt
Kind of a weird one on 7.2.4.291.

I have a field titled EXTRACT_DETAIL. When I type
SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WHERE WHERE ext
, the SQLPrompt popup of fields comes up, with EXTRACT_DETAIL at the top. If I hit ENTER (which is set properly in the options), then it adds EXISTS. If I hit TAB, it fills in EXTRACT_DETAIL. Very frustrating, and I've seen this in other tables/fields. Thanks.

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi mbourgon,

I'm looking into this now, however I've been unable to reproduce it locally.

The exact steps I used were:
    1) Create a table using: CREATE TABLE MYTABLE (EXTRACT_DETAIL INT);
    2) Refresh SQL Prompt's suggestions
    3) In a new query window type "SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WHERE ext"
    4) Hit enter - I always get EXTRACT_DETAIL completed.

I'm wondering if I might need another step to reproduce this. If you follow the exact same steps on a new database (to rule out it being something else on your database interfering) are you still seeing EXISTS being completed?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
    Hi mbourgon,

Another thing to check is do you have any other addins installed that might be causing this? (eg. I think SSMS Tools Pack comes with the snippet "ex" which expands to "EXISTS" which could explain what you're seeing)

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • mbourgonmbourgon Posts: 32 Bronze 2
    AH! Dammit, yeah, somehow I wound up with that feature reenabled on SSMSTP. I've disabled it and that seems to fix it. /facepalm. Sorry, all. And thanks for that, Aaron. Between SSMSTP, SSMSBoost, SQLPrompt....
    No problem :) glad you got to the bottom of it!