Options

Timeline contains no activity

I started out the day profiling a .NET application successfully. After restarting my machine and attempting to profile again, I noticed that there was no activity in my timeline window. I do however see events occuring in the window, but unfortunately my timeline will not update. II am using version 4.1 on Windows XP. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Tim,

I'm assuming that timeline not updating, that what is really happening is that no performance counter data is being acquired during the profiling. This may have something to do with the performance counters being incorrectly installed. You may want to have a look at this Red Gate knowledge base article. Hopefully this works for you!
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm having almost the same problem. I tested your trial version using Windows XP and Visual Studio 2005 and everything worked just fine. But now after buying your profiler I tryed to run it on a Vista 64 system with visual studio 2008 ... and I cant get the timeline to show any kind of activity. Reinstalling the performance counters unfortunatly didn't solve the problem. is there anything else I can try to make the timeline work?

Chris
  • Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Which counters have you added to ANTS Profiler? Depending, you may have to initialize the 64-bit counters, for instance the .NET counters are in the FRAMEWORK64 folder.

You may also find some information in your event logs if the counters aren't initialized.

If you can't work out what the problem is, you probably should contact Red Gate support (support@red-gate.com)