Options

Stored Proc Compare

EgriffinEgriffin Posts: 4
edited November 11, 2008 11:37AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I was looking at this product to possibly provide the ability to compare stored procedures accross databases and possibly servers using aliases. Does this product allow for it? Where should I look to learn on how to perform this?

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'using aliases'. SQL Compare compares databases with other databases (on the same server or across different servers). If the stored procedure has the same name on both databases (the owner can be different - you can sort that out with Owner Mappings) then it will be compared and available to synchronize.

We've considered implementing mapping features like in Data Compare where any object can be compared to any object of the same type, but it's a very large piece of work and we haven't had sufficient demand to prioritise it over other feature requests at the moment.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    The alias may be a red herring. I was able to pull some of the information from your site. I was going to compare them to TFS since that is a function of the compare. We have a base TFS "Golden" and want to compare across the 15+ data bases we currently run to determine if the stored procedure with the same name is different (the client has modified the stored procedure).
  • Options
    I have found that I needed to set the process to ignore case. Where can I download the updated version?