Options

Handling of Sequences

kmillerkmiller Posts: 4
edited February 14, 2017 12:38PM in SQL Source Control
We are using SQL Source across several DB's to keep them in sync. It has been working very well except for one area and I assume it is user error so I am looking for a little help or direction. We generate many of our table keys using sequences. We have excluded sequences by using a filter as we do not want to update the sequence value in every database to the value of the last one committed. The filters remove them from the objects to be committed or pulled, but we still have to close dialogs about them anytime we push or pull a procedure that uses them. This is very annoying. Is there a way to have the filter apply to referenced objects as well or am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for contacting us and sorry you are having this issue!
    There is no way to get rid of the warnings- and there is no filter that applies to referenced objects - I recommend you post that to our UserVoice forum available here https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/39 ... ce-control

Also, it sounds like you are using the tool to sync Prod environments - SQL Source Control is meant for development environments only. It was not made for Prod environments at all, instead, we recommend you use SQL Compare for syncing databases between environments.

Warm Regards,
    Andrew Pierce
    Technical Sales Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    We are using multiple DB's with a GIT repository across several different development teams for parallel development. We do use SQL compare when we push a release to QA or eventually production
  • Options
    moesothermoesother Posts: 12 New member
    Has this been resolved? The scripts generated by our DLM Automation cmdlets are trying to reset our sequence values!
  • Options
    No this was not resolved. The best we cold do is to filter our sequences and change the default answer to the "Include referenced objects" checkbox to be unchecked (no). When we generate Upgrade scripts (using SQL Compare) we ignore sequences. Of course if you create a new one you have to remember to create and initialize it.