Options

Compare not respecting deployment selections

stuart.bellstuart.bell Posts: 2
edited October 24, 2016 7:40AM in SQL Compare
I'm running into an issue attempting to use SQL Compare 12 to depoy changes from a source control repository. If I'm given a list of 9 objects with a delta, and I select three, the script generation crunches for far too long and outputs a monster deployment script that wants to deploy objects from source control that I do not wish to deploy.

In the script dialog with the compare script, it's saying "4 objects to deploy" but when I view the tab that shows objects to deploy, there is the full list of 9 objects listed as inside the script. The objects included in the script are the objects I did not flag for migration.

Repository is a git repo managed in SQL Source Control and the database is SQL Server 2016

Comments

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi Stuart,

The first thing to check is whether you are deploying dependent objects and whether the items that you did check depend on those you did not choose to deploy. The deploying dependent objects does not adhere to filters or deployment selections from the main SQL Compare screen - it will deploy all dependent objects. You can check if this is the case by making your initial selection and clicking Deploy, then clicking Next to see if the Dependencies screen appears. This should provide a list of all dependent objects and have a tick box at the top for "Deploy all dependencies (recommended)".

Please let me know if this does not appear to be the case!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?