Options

UI support for High DPI

DarrenSQLISDarrenSQLIS Posts: 3
edited September 28, 2016 4:56AM in SQL Compare
Running v12 of the compare tools on a high DPI machine is usable, but a bit unpleasant to look at, the top menu bar in particular.

I call this out because v11 was pretty much perfect, what went wrong?

3200 x 1800

Cheers

Darren

Comments

• Options
    Same problem here with both SQL Compare 12 and SQL Data Compare 12.

Dell Precision 7510 running 3840 x 2160. Several dialogs through out the program open too small and must be manually resized. When closed and reopened they do not remember the size either so every time a dialog opens I have to manually resize them. This is such an annoyance I will be reverting back to 11. Hard to imagine this regression wasn't noticed during testing. High DPI isn't exactly cutting edge anymore and should be part of any app testing routine.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, and sorry you're having a bad experience with v12

We're currently looking into reports of high-DPI problems, and we'll let you know when we have more information. It's currently working fine in high-DPI on my test machines, but I think we've managed to reproduce it on some others. It might be due to different versions of Windows implementing high-DPI differently, but that's just a guess at the moment.

We'll also be looking into making window sizing and location more persistent, so hopefully that'll be a better experience in the future as well
  • Options
    If it helps at all I am using Windows 10 1607 with all current updates.
  • Options
    We've somewhat improved the title bar with the release of 12.0.30.3199. Does it look OK on your hardware?

We still think we need to improve the rendering of some icons and the tabs in Data Compare. Is there anything else you have noticed?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software