Options

Window location and size not restored

scotteb@mindspring.comscotteb@mindspring.com Posts: 16 Bronze 2
edited October 20, 2016 8:44AM in SQL Compare
SQL Compare no longer restores the main window to the prior size or location, even if I run as Admin.
This has been going on for a bit, thought it might be common and corrected soon, but no joy (nor do i see other posts).

Current software.
    Windows 10 , v1607 SQL Compare 12.0.28.3138 standard

Comments

• Options
    I just noticed that it will restore the size if I do not change the location.
    It always opens at (0,0) and if I leave it there, the size is correctly restored.

PS - I have the same behaviour with SQL Data Compare 11.6.11.2463 and 12.0.28.3138

Best,
    Scott
  • Options
    Thanks for the information - I'll see if we can look into getting this to work more reliably
  • Options
    We think we've fixed this in the latest Frequent Update version, 12.0.32.3340 - could you let us know if it works for you?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Sam,

Yes, the window position and size of SQL Compare are restored with v12.0.32.3340.

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Options
    jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
    Well, doesn't look like the window location and size is not always retained.
    1) Resize from window to full screen and then back to window --> location/size is retained
    2) Resize from window to full screen and then back to window, then close and re-open SQL Compare --> location/size is retained
    3) Resize from window to full screen and then back to window then back to full screen, then close and re-open SQL Compare --> location/size is not retained, instead SQL Compare starts out as nearly full screened
  • Options
    I do not have the same experience. All three scenarios are working for me in 12.0.32.3340 Std
    Regarding #3 - the "restore"/"full screen" button in the window header is in restore mode when I reopen SQL Compare, confirming that the window is full screen.

Best,
    Scott
  • Options
    jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
    The issue with my scenario #3 is that it did not retain the rather small window size and the location. Instead, when it switched from full screen to windowed, the window size was nearly identical to the full screen size 9 (off by a couple of pixels) and the window was centered. This is on a 3-screen system, all screens at 1920x1200 using v12.0.33.3389
  • Options
    Thanks for the extra info - I'll see if we can reproduce that behaviour locally