Options

Have Refresh Suggestions also refresh SSMS IntelliSense

JimFJimF Posts: 49 Bronze 3
edited September 21, 2016 5:56AM in SQL Prompt
Would it be possible when SQL Prompt's Refresh Suggestions is run it can also refresh SSMS's IntelliSense cache (equivalent of the menu Edit/IntelliSense/Refresh Local Cache or Edit.RefreshLocalCache under the Tools/Options/Keyboard screen). I have to do SSMS's refresh to get rid of the red squiggles when I update the schema with something new. It would be nice if when I refresh SQL Prompt it could run SSMS's refresh for me.

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for your suggestion! We've had a chat about this in the team and there's some concern over enabling this by default as there's a potential performance and stability hit (especially for people on slower connections or with larger databases).

I think it might make sense to add in an experimental features option which is off by default.

We're pretty swamped with work for the new formatter at the moment so won't be able to look into this immediately (and I'm on holiday next week :)). Would you be able to add this as a UserVoice suggestion to keep track of it? Hopefully I'll be able to look into it in more detail next month.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    JimFJimF Posts: 49 Bronze 3
    Yes, I will create a UserVoice item for it as soon as it sends me my password reset email...

And yes, Off by default, would be just fine. Enjoy your holiday next week, doing something fun, or a staycation (or is that stayholiday in the UK :D )?
  • Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Thanks Jim!

I'm not up to anything exciting for my holiday (just visiting some friends and family in the UK) but a nice relaxing week off is exactly what I need :D