Options

Indexing hangs on large database

rldawgrldawg Posts: 35 Bronze 3
edited September 8, 2016 10:37AM in SQL Search
I am using SQL Search on an Infor SyteLine database. There are hundreds, if not thousands of objects in the database. SQL Search freezes when I try to search for something. It freezes on Indexing.... I am using the latest version of SQL Search. 2.3.1.388

SQL prompt has no problem building its cache for SQL suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi

Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you are having a few problems with SQL Search.

What version of SSMS are you using?

Have you narrowed down the search parameters to just the Infor SyteLine database as opposed to all databases? Likewise changed the search for 'all objects types' to an actual database object?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    rldawgrldawg Posts: 35 Bronze 3
    I am using SQL Server 2012. I am searching all object types that contain the word UPC.
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,781 Rose Gold 5
    Hi, thank you for your reply.

I have added the details of this forum post into our bug Tracking system, the Bug Report reference SDI-683.

If possible I recommend that you adjust the search filters so that you are searching the server where the SQL Instance is located, searching just the Infor SyteLine database, the type of object (For examples tables) and that exact match check box is not enabled.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this bug is causing. By creating the Bug Report and have raising your issue with the development team, hopefully have a fix for the problem will appear in a future version of SQL Search.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com