Options

Edit Formatting Styles screen vanishes when resultset exists

a.higginsa.higgins Posts: 90 Bronze 2
edited September 12, 2016 7:59AM in SQL Prompt
I've noticed a quirky UI bug when I take the following steps:
    1. Run any query 2. Go to SQL Prompt --> Edit Formatting Styles 3. Click 'Edit Style' (incidentally: you really need an "OK" button here somewhere ... I keep hitting this button by mistake because it looks blue and appealing and clickable, even when I just want to close the window). 4. Click a dropdown (GLOBAL --> Whitespace --Tab Behavior --> Spaces or tabs dropdown, in this example)

On clicking the dropdown, the entire "SQL Prompt - Formatting styles" window disappears, leaving me with just the dropdown items. I can still see and select a dropdown item. If a dropdown item is selected, then that disappears as well and I'm left staring at SSMS in confusion. Clicking SSMS brings back the dialog box.

From my testing, I edit the style before running the query, it works fine: if I run the query and then edit the style, it breaks.

System information:
    SQL Prompt Version 7.3.0.474 Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 13.0.15700.28 Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit operating system

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi a.higgins,

Thanks for letting us know - we had previously seen something like this and thought we had a fix/workaround in but apparently not in all cases! It's a bit of an odd one that looks like it's been fixed by Microsoft in Windows 10. We'll revisit it to see if there's anything else we can do.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi a.higgins,

We think we've got a fix for this in the latest SQL Prompt beta (7.3.0.522). Could you please give it a try and let us know if this is fixed for you?

Thanks!
    Aaron.
  • Options
    Aaron, the latest fix seems to have addressed this problem. Thanks very much!