Problem with Tab History in 7.3.x beta

JimFJimF Posts: 49 Bronze 3
edited October 12, 2016 10:15AM in SQL Prompt
Hello,

I have noticed a problem with Tab History in the new round of 7.3.x betas, including the latest 7.3.0.460. The problems is that not all of my tabs are re-opening after I restart SSMS--some, but not all.

Unfortunately I have not figured out the exact rhythm or reason to this, but I think it has to do with opening new tabs in the current session and those not getting reopened, but, I'm not 100% on that.

On the good side, the tabs are being saved as "closed" tabs, it they are not completely lost.

Looking good otherwise!

Thanks,
Jim

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi Jim,

Thanks for your post - we're struggling to reproduce this here but we'll continue to investigate. I can't think of any changes that we've made to tab history since 7.2 that would affect this. If you notice a pattern to it please do let us know!

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • JimFJimF Posts: 49 Bronze 3
    Aaron,

At some point, you mentioned to me that there was a new version of SSMS out that may resolve this issue, and I tried it and replied that it did appear to fix it.

Sadly, I was wrong. I am still at the point where when I reopen SSMS I don't have all of my tabs opened when it starts. I still don't see a pattern, but if and when I do, I will be sure to pass it along.

Jim