cannot run object locking script

dkvdkv Posts: 3
We recently purchased 10 licenses of Redgate SQL source Control and installed successfully. I am not able to run object locking script. Error copied below. Please see red highlighted part of the error. Where do I make this change?
Error message:
Directory lookup for the file "T:MyFolderChangeAssignedFolderRedGate.mdf" failed with the operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.).
CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi dkv,

The setup script just runs:
    IF DB_ID(N'RedGate') IS NULL
        CREATE DATABASE RedGate

so we don't tell it where to create the RedGate database. This appears to be an SSMS option for default database location, which apparently no longer exists.

I think it must be the database default location:

1. In Object Explorer, right-click on your server and click Properties.
    2. In the left panel on that Properties page, click the Database settings tab.
    3. In Database default locations, view the current default locations for new data files and new log files. To change a default location, enter a new default pathname in the Data or Log field, or click the browse button to find and select a pathname.

NOTE: After changing the default locations, you must stop and start the SQL Server service to complete the change.

Please let me know if this is the case.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • I created the RedGate database in desired location and had my DBA run the script. Where do I check to see if the trigger got created? I dont see the trigger under RedGate, or master databases.
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi dkv,

The trigger should be created under Server Objects > Triggers and should be called "RG_SQLSourceControl_DDLTrigger".

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?