Options

Can't Shift+Click anymore

jfisherjfisher Posts: 7
edited October 10, 2016 5:44AM in SQL Data Compare
How do I pick multiple tables simultaneously when adding a where clause? I used to be able to hold down shift and click the bottom most table and it'd select everything inbetween. That doesn't seem to be working nor does Ctrl+Click.

I am using Windows 10.

This is a HUGE deal for me. I have dozens of tables I need to add a where clause to. I can't add them one by one. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Hi jfisher,

Thanks for reporting this - I've filed a bug (reference: SDC-2187) for this missing feature.

Cheers,
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    I see that this bug has been fixed so that I can add a WHERE clause to all of my tables at once which is great, but you still have to checkmark each and every table one by one. In previous versions if i clicked on the checkmark it would check/un-check all tables that i had selected
  • Options
    You should be able to press the space bar to check/uncheck all the selected rows. It sounds like this feature could be made more discoverable, though - I'll run it past our UX people.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    jmeyerjmeyer Posts: 70 Bronze 2
    Sam:

We used to be able to select multiple rows of tables/views and then when we clicked on the checkbox it would select all of the selected tables/views. Right now, this only seems to work when I press the space bar. Also at least in v11 I could double-click on a table and the WHERE clause editor would pop up, this is also not working in v12.

And as a general feedback, v12 of both SQLCompare and SQLDataCompare has had so many bugs so far that I am really disappointed by RedGate. V12 right now feels like a beta release and not a production release and I am unable to clear v12 in our environment for production use for fear of additional bugs that might affect our usage. It is also very annoying if UX features are being removed from v11 to v12 and these removals are then not even listed in the release notes. In my mind this seems to indicate a lack of proper change control and quality assurance processes as the missing UX features should be immediately discoverable by even a casual user of your tools.

Don't get me work, I love your tools but the v12 roll-out is very disappointing.
  • Options
    I recommend closing this thread in favor of the new one I just started which more clearly outlines and demonstrates usability issues.

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=80118
  • Options
    We think we've fixed this in the latest Frequent Update version, 12.0.32.3340. Does this version work for you?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software