SQL CI Sync in Jenkins - How to diagnose issues

belgravebelgrave Posts: 6
edited August 22, 2016 10:51AM in SQL CI 2
I currently have DLM Automation 1.5.1.916 with SQL CI Build and Sync running from Jenkins 2.7.

However, whenever i get a sync error with the target integration database, I find diagnosing the issue very difficult because Sync only outputs a very brief and sometimes cryptic message without any contextual information.

Is there a way to have Sync output more verbose information about the problem such as the raw error message from the target database generated?

Also, is there a way to view the complete deployment script that is uses to run against the target database etc?

Thanks
Jamal

Comments

• Hi Jamal,

What you can do is add /LogLevel:Verbose to the Additional parameters textbox in the Advanced Options section of the build step configuration. That will turn on verbose logging for the SQL Compare engine itself. The log files can be found in the %LocalAppdata%Red GateLogsSQL Compare directory. If you're running under the system account then a likely location will be C:WindowsSystem32configsystemprofileAppDataLocalRed GateLogs

To output the full SQL script you will need to add /ScriptFile:"c:myfolderscript.sql" to the Additional parameters textbox. Obviously you'd want to replace my dummy path with the location that you want to save the script.

I hope this helps.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software