Options

Word Wrap settings not respected by BETWEEN

a.higginsa.higgins Posts: 90 Bronze 2
edited August 16, 2016 5:33AM in SQL Prompt
It seems that the "Characters per line" option is still affecting lines that include a BETWEEN statement, even when the "Wrap Text" option is unchecked.

The query below is set up to use some long character names. If I go to SQL Prompt - Options -> Format -> Styles -> Tabs & wrapping and choose "Wrap Text" and set the Characters per Line value to 60, it shows as follows: please notice that the second and third conditions in the WHERE clause are both wrapped.
;
WITH	CTE	AS (
				SELECT
					0 AS SomeIntWithVeryLongName
				)
	SELECT
		CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName
	FROM
		CTE
	WHERE
		1 BETWEEN 0 AND 10 AND
		CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName >= CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName -
		1000000 AND
		CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName BETWEEN CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName -
									AND		90000000

If I uncheck "Wrap Text" and leave the Characters per Line value at 60, it shows the following: please note that the second condition is no longer wrapped, but the third condition is still wrapping to a new line.
;
WITH	CTE	AS (
				SELECT
				)
	SELECT
	FROM
		CTE
	WHERE
		1 BETWEEN 0 AND 10 AND
		CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName >= CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName - 1000000 AND
		CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName BETWEEN CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName - 1
									AND		90000000

If I go back in and change the Characters per Line value to 160, the code is shown as following: note that now none of the conditions are wrapped.
;
WITH	CTE	AS (
				SELECT
				)
	SELECT
	FROM
		CTE
	WHERE
		1 BETWEEN 0 AND 10 AND
		CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName >= CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName - 1000000 AND
		CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName BETWEEN CTE.SomeIntWithVeryLongName - 1 AND 90000000

I've done some playing around, and the only thing I can find that consistently results uses the Characters per Line value, regardless of whether the Wrap Text box is checked, is a line of code that includes a BETWEEN keyword.

I'm running SQL Prompt 7.2.4.291 using Management Studio 2016 (13.0.15600.2)

Comments

• Options
    Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi a.higgins,

Thanks for your post - we're currently working on an improved formatting system (which will be released in SQL Prompt 7.3, with a beta out very soon) and I can confirm that this bug doesn't exist in the new system.

Thanks,
    Aaron.