Could not locate WebDev Server Executable - Please ensure

LeahLeah Posts: 2
edited July 22, 2016 2:00PM in ANTS Memory Profiler 8
"Could not locate WebDev Server Executable - Please ensure that you Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010 or 2012 Installed"

I am trying to run ANTS Memory Profiler , the Web dev. server - ASP.net option and received the above error.

I have VS 2015
I can run IIS Express
I do not have WebDev.WebServer.EXE or something like this on my machine
I can use the ANTS option for IIS Express

I would appreciate any leads that will help to run the ANTS Memory Profiler

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi and thanks for your post! I believe we have a support ticket open with you so I'm just copying over my response:

The "Web dev. server - ASP.net" option allows you to profile applications that are hosted by Visual Studio's built-in web development server and you can only use this option if that built-in web development server is already available on your machine (the profiler itself cannot install it).

The VS web development server is only included in VS 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2012 though so you cannot use the "Web dev. server - ASP.net" option if none of these VS versions are installed. In VS 2013 and VS 2015, the default hosting option for web applications is IIS Express, so you can use this option instead.

I hope that helps explain some things! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?