Undocked window loses focus

MDominik13MDominik13 Posts: 5
edited August 23, 2016 1:03PM in SQL Prompt
It looks like the intellisense is tied to the main window. When I was typing in an undocked T-SQL window, the main window kept jumping in front and stole focus. Is this a known issue?

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi MDominik13,

We haven't got any issues currently logged for the main window stealing focus. Could I check which version of SSMS and SQL Prompt you're currently running?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • SSMS = 13.0.15600.2
    SQL Prompt = 7.2.4.291

I have a bit more info. It appears, the intellisense box causes the dialog window to fall to the bottom of the stack (behind the main window). If I type in an undocked window that is off to the side (not on top of the main window), everything is fine. The problem occurs when the dialog is hovering over the main SSMS window.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the extra info! I think we've been able to reproduce what you're seeing here and we'll look into a fix now - I'll let you know when we've got a new build ready with a fix in.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Thanks. No rush. Working in an undocked window that is on top of the main windows is pretty rare (and kind of pointless honestly).

Mike
    Hi Mike,

I think we've been able to track down and fix the cause of this and have a private build for you here if you'd like to give it a try.

The fix required a couple of low-level changes to how we display the suggestions so we're going to do a little more testing here but should be releasing this fix in SQL Prompt 7.3, which should have a beta out soon.

Thanks again!
    Aaron.
  • I just installed and tested this and it worked (sorry it took so long).

Thanks!
    Mike