Options

Open in Excel (7.1.0.118)

lucas971lucas971 Posts: 2
edited May 16, 2016 5:05AM in SQL Prompt
When opening a result grid that contains datetime fields, the datetime values appear to be exported as strings. that is, if I have a datetime value of '2014-07-08 00:00:00.000', it still says '2014-07-08 00:00:00.000' in Excel even if I apply a date FORMAT to it like 'mm/dd/yyyy'. I have to go to each value and click into it and then just press enter for Excel to reevaluate the value and make it a date time.

I don't know how much control you have with the data format, but if you can ensure that it is a Excel date/time field, that would be great. A compatible Excel format specifier would be "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.000", otherwise it just shows the time and not the date.

Better yet would be to let me specify a default date format as I personally hardly ever use milliseconds in Excel (personally, I would use "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" or just "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm", in most cases). But, if you can at least ensure that all datetimes are not TEXT values, then I can at least set the format to what I want without touching every single cell.
Dixie Chicks is my favourite country band. Can't wait to their tour to start in summer 2016.

Comments

• Options
    Ali DAli D Posts: 56 New member
    Hi Lucas971

We actually improved the datetime support a little while ago after we had similar suggestions from a couple of other users. If you upgrade to the latest version (here) then exporting should work as you described.

Thanks
    Ali