Options

SQL Prompt is 7.2.4.291 (22nd June)

Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
edited August 24, 2016 9:14AM in SQL Prompt
SQL Prompt 7.2.4.291 - 22nd June 2016

This build of SQL Prompt includes:
  • SQL Prompt now supports SSMS June 2016
  • SQL Prompt now shows a warning message when you try to execute an UPDATE or DELETE statement without a WHERE clause (UserVoice)
  • SQL Prompt now offers suggestions when connected to Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Parallel Data Warehouse (UserVoice)
  • Improved suggestions performance
  • Additional SQL Server 2016 syntax is now suggested
  • Open in Excel from the Results grid now exports NULLs as blank cells (UserVoice)
  • Highlight Matching Objects experimental feature is now enabled by default
  • Many other improvements and fixes
Download this release

Full release notes

Feedback
If you have any problems with this release, please post them on this forum.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, please post them on our suggestions forum so other users can vote for them.

Version history
7.2.4.291 - 22nd June
  • Select in Object Explorer now sets keyboard focus to the Object Explorer (Forum post)
  • Select in Object Explorer now clears filters if they are hiding the object being selected (Forum post)
  • Support ticket 67549: Fix for variable being incorrectly cased as a parameter with the same name in EXEC statement
  • Support ticket 67974: Fix for geometry being incorrectly cased when using geometry's static methods
  • Support ticket 68061: Fix for Open in Excel displaying a warning with high precision scale/precision decimals
  • Updated SQL Prompt logo
7.2.3.283 - 8th June
  • Support ticket 67262: Fix for rename alias/variable inside OVER clauses not working
  • Support ticket 66354: Fix for actions list not being displayed when word wrap is enabled
  • Fix for table variable being surrounded by square brackets when being passed to a function (Forum post)
  • Provide feedback links now open feedback form
7.2.2.273 - 19th May
  • Fix for incorrect $CURSOR$ placeholder location in the 'curff' default snippet (Forum post)
  • SP-5694: Fix for null reference exception being thrown on invalid computed column syntax
7.2.1.267 - 28th April
  • Execution warnings are no longer shown when modifying an aliased temp table
  • Format SQL is now included in the right click context menu in SSMS2016
  • Fix for issue with high-DPI mode in SSMS2008R2 under Windows 8.1 and 10 (Forum post)
  • Fix for wildcards not expanding on certain scripts (Forum post)
  • Support ticket 65031: Fix for tab history not restoring tabs if nosplash argument is passed to SSMS on the command line
7.2.0.260 - 19th April
  • Initial release

Comments

• Options
    I just installed SQL Management Studio 2016 and updated my SQL Prompt to 7.2.0.260. SQL Prompt works fine for the snippets and for the SQL built-in functions, but it no longer shows any of the objects in my database or their columns, in either 2012 or 2016.
  • Options
    Ali DAli D Posts: 56 New member
    Hi Lenka

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I haven’t been able to reproduce your issue here so it’d be best if you could contact our support team to investigate it further.

Please enable verbose logging and include the logs in your support request.

Thanks
    Ali
  • Options
    KvasiKvasi Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    MSI returned failure code InstallFailure (MSI Error: 1603)
  • Options
    KvasiKvasi Posts: 2 Bronze 1
    Kvasi wrote:
    MSI returned failure code InstallFailure (MSI Error: 1603)

I deleted the config.msi folder and now it works just fine.
  • Options
    Open in Excel from the Results grid now exports NULLs as blank cells (UserVoice)

Is there a setting somewhere that can be toggled to adjust this behavior? In my case, I want to export empty cells as "NULL" instead of a blank cell.
  • Options
    Ali DAli D Posts: 56 New member
    Hi emf411

Currently there's no setting to change the behaviour of NULLs exported to Excel.

The best way to log this would be to create a request on our UserVoice forum. Uservoice helps us track and prioritise our work and you'll get status notifications (along with anyone else that's interested).

Thanks
    Ali
  • Options
    siberiaalsiberiaal Posts: 1 New member
    I just installed 7.2.4.291. (I am running SSMS 2012) I love the feature of the warnings for update/delete sans where clause.
    However I seem to have lost the ability to use "smart rename" (F2). Is there something I am missing?
  • Options
    Hi siberiaal,

Using rename/F2 in a script to rename a variable or alias should still work in 7.2.4.

It should be accessible through the right click context menu as well as the shortcut, could you check if right clicking on a variable name and selecting "Rename Variable/Alias" works for you?

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • Options
    ofredeofrede Posts: 11 Bronze 1
    Lenka wrote:
    I just installed SQL Management Studio 2016 and updated my SQL Prompt to 7.2.0.260. SQL Prompt works fine for the snippets and for the SQL built-in functions, but it no longer shows any of the objects in my database or their columns, in either 2012 or 2016.

Having the same problem. Sometimes it seems to restart MSSMS and then it works for another 15-20 minutes. Now and then the all suggestions (like ssf) are gone but right now it is "only" my database objects (table names, column names etc).

I even had a strange experience where pressing the ENTER key would paste my text from the clipboad into my script and pressing other keys also behaved oddly. A restart of MSSMS solved that.

Using MSSMS 2012 version 11.0.6020.0
    and SQL Prompt 7.2.4.291
  • Options
    Hi ofrede,

SQL Prompt only suggesting snippets and built in functions will happen if SQL Prompt hasn't retrieved suggestions from the database. Have you tried refreshing the suggestions (either ctrl+shift+d to refresh just the current database, or disabling/enabling using ctrl+shift+p twice to clear everything) to see if that helps?

Next time it happens could you check your log file to see if there are any errors listed (under SQL Prompt->Help->Show Log).

Thanks,
    Aaron.
This discussion has been closed.