Unable to setup Source control to Team Foundation Server

AGeniusAGenius Posts: 4
I hope you can help.

First, the online documentation has no help to trouble shoot this issue and the link to this forum is also wrong and sent me to a non exiting forum.

A colleague has already managed to setup the database in TFS just fine but I cannot connect to TFS from the setup of SQL Source Control.

I am prompted to select a database, then I click on next to get the "Link to source control" window

I enter the Server URL (which is the same as the web version which works fine) I am already logged into the web interface for TFS

When I click on Browse for the Database folder I am prompted to login. I have tried my web login, and I even created and tried the access token. both fail to work. all I get is "Incorrect credentials." everytime.

I setup the visualstudio online account and I use it all the time in VS2015.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Latest Build , both SQL 2008R2 and 2014 versions on two separate machines does the same

Thanks
Darren Lawrence

Comments

• Hi Darren,

There's a bug with the current version of SQL Source Control that causes authentication to fail.

This should be fixed in an upcoming version of of SQL Source Control, in the meantime please try the following workaround:

1 - Close SSMS
    2 - Download and install Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=40776
    3 - Restart system if asked by the installer to do so
    4 - Follow the instructions on the section labeled How to change the version of Team Explorer that SQL Source Control uses on the following webpage: http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... e+selected

However rather than typing TFS2010 in the xml file type TFS2013:

<EngineOptions version="3" type="EngineOptions">
    <TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>TFS2013</TeamFoundationServerDllOverride>
    </EngineOptions>

5 - Start SSMS and attempt to link again

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • Hi,

This bug has now been fixed in version 4.4.0 of SQL Source Control, which is available on the Frequent Updates Channel.

Please note that the workaround described above still works and there's no real downside to using it so you don't to change configuration back.

Thank you,
    Sergio
    Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Please see our Help Center for detailed guides on how to use our tools
  • I have the same issue and I am on version 5.1.0.2572. Using SSMS 2014 and connecting to Visual Studio Online.