Options

1.2.3 Enhancements and Defects

csuirecsuire Posts: 25 Bronze 3
edited April 12, 2016 7:14AM in SQL Multi Script
Version 1.2.3.402

Enhancements:
1. Database total progress is now shown next to the script being processed!
* Example: Script execution in progress... script1.sql (180 of 800)

Known Issues:
1. Database lists not migrated on upgrade to 1.2 //see other forum post for details
2. Right click and pin to bottom task bar does not work. Shows white icon. Clicking it shows 'The parameter is incorrect.' May be related to upgrading from version 1.1
3. Saved a project. Tried to put it on the bottom task bar which creates a shortcut file. Also shows 'The parameter is incorrect.' May be related to upgrading from version 1.1
4. 'Stop Executing' or 'Abort' button is missing. Though in 1.1 is was slow anyway and every database had to be touched. Workaround: Kill process. Scenario: Connection is down and its trying to update each db and its failing slowly for each and you just want to abort the script run.
5. Distribution list is slow to load list of databases while it checks the online status of each database one at a time.

Release notes are here. They don't mention the progress indicator.
http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... ease+notes
Linked from http://documentation.red-gate.com/displ ... umentation

Comments

• Options
    So for the issues, we're releasing a version tomorrow with some fixes.

1) We're aware, the new version should import settings from the previous release if the new %appdata%Red GateSQL Multi Script 1Application.dat file doesn't exist. To re-import the distribution lists just delete that file.
    2) I'm not seeing this, pinning works fine in Windows 10.
    3) Similarly it seems to work, it may be best to open a support ticket for these pinning issues so we can get more information from you.
    4) The execute button turns into a "cancel" when you click on it (but it didn't work) thanks for spotting that I've just added in fix for the release to address it.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Thanks for the update.
    I'm using Windows 8.1 -- still need to upgrade to Windows 10.
    Any my favorite new feature is the script progress indicator. Thanks for whoever added that!
  • Options
    Just tried pinning in windows 8.1 and well, works for me :(

Happy that you're using the new version, we've been sat on a few changes for a while. The projects feature is rough around the edges but I think helps.
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    I'll work around my pinning issue until I upgrade.

I did just add a new post about a slowness when adding new databases to the distribution list.
    I think this slowness is new in v1.2
    It appears to be related to checking if each database is online or not.
    Post title: 1.2.3 Configure Distribution List is Slow to load
  • Options
    The update available today will re-import the 1.1 settings if the new application.dat file doesn't exist.

Hope this helps
    Richard Mitchell
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd