Sql Promt with March 2016 SSMS Refresh

WaldenLWaldenL Posts: 5 New member
edited April 4, 2016 11:43AM in SQL Prompt
Seems in the most recent RC refresh, under the seemingly minor change note of "New quick launch toolbar that helps you to quickly find menu items, and options." Microsoft has swapped out the VS2010 shell for VS2015 shell for SSMS. (Hell of an RC to RC change!) I assume this is why SQL Prompt isn't working in SSMS any longer (not working as in doesn't even show up!) Any idea on when you'll have a fix for this?

Comments

• kondrichkondrich Posts: 79 Bronze 2
    +1 for this. Microsoft's surprising switch to VS2015 disabled SQL Prompt.
    Regards, Klaus
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi,

We're just getting a new 7.2 beta build ready that will work on the March 2016 Refresh/RC2 SSMS. Hopefully we'll have a new build out later today - I'll let you know when it's up.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
    Aaron,

thank you very much. Will this build also fix SQL Search compatibility?
    Regards, Klaus
    Hi Klaus,

The 7.2 beta build we're releasing later today will just be for SQL Prompt, but there's a team working on getting support for our other tools in the new SSMS and a SQL Search build with support will be released soon (hopefully this week).

The switch over to the new VS2015 shell means that the old addin system that all of our tools were using is no longer supported/loaded and so there's some changes that we need to make to convert them to extensions.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
    The new 7.2 beta build with support for the latest SSMS is now up, you can download it from the forum post here.
    Hi Aaron,

thank you for the new build that is working fine and thank you for the explanation regarding SQL Search et al. I am very looking forward. ;-)
    Regards, Klaus
  • There is now also a beta of SQL Search 2.3 also including support for SSMS March 2016 Preview Refresh, which you can download from the forum post here.
    Software Engineer
    Red Gate Software