Backup Pro GUI not displaying all drives in destination brow

jasolutionjasolution Posts: 14 Bronze 2
edited February 22, 2016 5:09AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
One of the SQL Server 2014 installations we're using Backup Pro 7.7.0.18 on has some internal 256Gb and 512Gb SDHC cards for scratch storage. These are assigned drive letters and are accessible as backup destinations from within SQL Management Studio; however, the SQL Backup Pro GUI does not show them in the location browser when setting up a backup job.

I can manually enter the path to the location and the backup job executes successfully and stores the data to that location.

Curious if anyone else has run into this?

Thanks!

Jason

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your forum post and sorry that you have encountered a problem.

I am unaware of other SQL Backup users using SDHC cards for storage, however I have previously tested SQL Backup and created backup files on a USB memory stick and then restoring from the memory stick to another machine

From a new query window in SSMS, would you please run the following queries to ensure that the account given to the SQL Backup Agent service has permissions to the drive and folder:
    USE master
    GO
    EXECUTE master..sqbutility 999, 'RWE', '<Path to SDHC card>' --for example 'D:MyBackups'
    GO

If this is successful and the SQL Backup Agent service has read (R), write (W), and execute (E) permissions, the query will return: <SQBUTILITYRESULT>:1: for each location.

If there is a problem, the query will return a value of 0, followed by a message, for example:
    <SQBUTILITYRESULT>:0:Folder does not exist : D:MyBackups

What is the error returned from running the above query?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com