Options

Owners don't match up.

mmaddalimmaddali Posts: 3
Hello All,

I am running the latest version of sql data compare (7.1.0.245) on a vista 64 bit machine, and I am trying to compare two remote databases the source database is sql server 2000 database and the destination database is a sql server 2008 cluster database. When I try to compare these two the owners don't match up properly. I even tried to do against a sql server 2005 destination but that had the same issue.

I tried on a 32 bit vista version with no luck.

I was sure that I was able to do this between 2000 and 2005 databases in the earlier versions.

Appreciate all your help.

Thank you,
Murali.

Comments

• Options
    I rolled back to version 6 and it seems to be working just fine on the same machine.

Thank you,
    Murali.
  • Options
    Hi,

This is a strange one. Out of interest, are you able to map your owners manually in the "Remap Objects" tab of the project configuration dialog?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    We know about this problem and are working on it. Please email support@red-gate.com - they should soon be able to hand out a build that will hopefully fix the problem.

You can work around the problem in the meantime by going to the Map Owners dialog on the Remap Objects tab and mapping dbo to dbo (and possibly other owners to themselves if you have them).

(Basically, Data Compare started treating users and schemas as different things, which broke the automatic mapping between the dbo user on 2000 and the dbo schema on 2005 and above.)
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    What is the status of this bug? I checked for updates and I'm still getting the problem. I did a re-map and some tables align and some don't.

It is a pain so I'm just going to start using BCP. This is kinda of a big bug to miss.

David
  • Options
    We now have a private release build which fixes this bug. Please email support@red-gate.com and ask for the build that fixes the 2000/2005 mapping bug if this is affecting you.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software