SQL Prompt cannot retrieve table names

gpmaranigpmarani Posts: 4 New member
edited February 18, 2016 3:02AM in SQL Prompt
Hi,
i don't know if it's a bug or not but when typing a select the prompt does not retrieve the table names.

expected
selectallcolumns.gif

what i got
rg_zps9ynspzgs.png

i have sql prompt 7.1.0.306 and i tried to go back to the 6.5 but nothing changed.

Is there any way to fix this behaviour?

Comments

• Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Hi gpmarani,

I don't think we've seen this issue before, so we're going to need a little more info to diagnose what's gone wrong.

Could you try opening a new query and type ssf to see if you get the snippet description text "SELECT * FROM fragment" listed, eg:
    n0PDGfK.png

Could you also email me (aaron.law@red-gate.com) your UI options xml file which can be found under:
    %localappdata%Red GateSQL Prompt 7RedGate_SQLPrompt_CommonUI_Options_UIOptions.xml

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • gpmaranigpmarani Posts: 4 New member
    Same problem

ssf_zpsa67awqfn.png
  • Aaron LAaron L Posts: 596 New member
    Thanks for testing that and the email!

I think I've been able to track down what the issue is and a possible fix is to manually edit that xml file and change the line:
    <CandidateListColumnDivider>1</CandidateListColumnDivider>

To
    <CandidateListColumnDivider>0.5</CandidateListColumnDivider>

It looks like the setting that decides where the table names/descriptions get drawn was set to all the way over to the right (it's possible to drag this in the UI, but Prompt shouldn't allow it to be set that far over). We'll improve this to make sure we always clamp it to a reasonable range in the next minor version of SQL Prompt.

Thanks,
    Aaron.
  • gpmaranigpmarani Posts: 4 New member
    It works!!
    Thank you! :D