Path Not Found

mrmaxinwyomingmrmaxinwyoming Posts: 4
edited February 3, 2016 1:44PM in SmartAssembly
Hello,

I have been successfully using SmartAssembly 6 Professional for some time. Recently, I seem to have problems with customers reporting an error indicating that they receive an error message something like the following:

"Part of the path "C:ems|DRC" not found.

This path does not exist in my unobfuscated code. My thought was that the user does not have write permission to the C: drive. However, the user has confirmed that they have full control over the C: drive and yet the error persists.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Max

Comments

• Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Max,

Thanks for your post!

Hm, I'm unfortunately not immediately sure what could be causing this as we haven't seen it come up before. Can I just check a few more details:

- Just to confirm, the error occurs for the same path (C:emsDRC) for each user experiencing it?
    - Is C:emsDRC a path on your build machine?
    - Does the error happen after a certain action?
    - What protection options do you have enabled for your assembly?

Thank you!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your reply.

No, this path does not exist on my build machine and I do not try to create it with my code. The error occurs during installation of the product. The customer is using a machine with Windows 7. If he creates the directory, then the installation completes and runs OK.

Can I send you the project file so you can see the settings I've employed?

Thanks,

Max
    Hi Max!

Sure, I'd opened a support ticket for you (#59287) so I'll send you an update through the ticket. This should send you an email notification (to the address you've used to sign up for the forums)--can you kindly reply to that email with the project file?

I'm also wondering if it may be possible to share your application with us so that we can try to reproduce the error about the C:emsDRC path? If so, I can set up some FTP space for you to upload to as it may be too large to attach to a ticket update. Please let me know!

I've just sent a ticket update but if in case you don't receive it, you can just send the .saproj file to support@red-gate.com with the subject "#59287". Thank you!

• Hello Jessica,

The problem has been solved. Was a problem on my end combined with a configuration setting by the customer.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the trouble.

All the best,

Max
    Hi Max,

No problem at all, I'm just glad to hear things are working now! :)

Please let us know if anything else comes up.