Options

Formatting Help

JesseTJesseT Posts: 3
edited February 8, 2016 10:10AM in SQL Prompt
Hello,
Would anyone who's an expert in setting the SQL Prompt Format options help me figure out how to do this? I'm trying to set the formatting for insert into myTable (column1, column2) select column1, column2 from myOtherTable. No matter what settings I choose I can't seem to make the formatting for the insert match the select. The columns in the select will line up nice with a preceeding comma and tab. The columns in the "insert" part don't seem to follow any formatting options.
Any help on how to format the columns in the top part of the insert statement below would be much appreciated. :D

Comments

• Options
    Hi JesseT

If I’ve followed your description correctly then unfortunately this is not currently possible to do in SQL Prompt. However, we are in the middle of overhauling SQL Prompt’s formatting engine to accommodate a much wider range of formatting styles.

It’d be really useful to us if you could fill out our formatting options survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/?sm=cvYX ... xkqA%3d%3d
    (You can fill it out as many times as you want)

Thanks
    Ali
  • Options
    Ali,
    Thank you for your response and as you have suggested I've completed the survey with an example of the formatting for "Insert" statements that would be very nice to have. I'll continue to add any other formatting tweaks that would be nice to add to the SQL Prompt tool as they are discovered.

Thanks,
    Jesse