Options

Python scripts - What members are on a session?

morrisBTmorrisBT Posts: 2 Bronze 1
edited January 25, 2016 7:53AM in SQL Data Generator
I'm looking to make use of the SetupNormalGenerator method like in the years of service example found here. What is a session in that example? Is that provided by the IronPython environment or is that coming from the tool? I'm installing the IronPython addin for VS just in case I can play around with a session so I can figure out what the parameters for that method are. If that is documented somewhere, however, I'd like to see it.

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

The session variable comes from SQL Data Generator itself, as does its SetupNormalGenerator method. You won't be able to use them outside of SQL Data Generator.

Sorry.
    Software Engineer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    YussufYussuf Posts: 1 New member
    Where can I find help on the SetupNormalGenerator? ie what are the parameters? usage? I'm trying to create a simple python script that adds a random number of days onto the date provided by another column. pretty simple stuff, but can't use simple expression as i get reference errors, so having to try use python script. But I have been unable to find any documentation on redgates 'SetupNormalGenerator' ...

• Options
    bclewisbclewis Posts: 2 New member
    Is there no more information on this topic?  I also am looking at ways to generate data with Normal or other distributions, but SetupNormalGenerator appears to be undocumented feature.