Options

Reflector 9 Install Failure

AlexanderMorouAlexanderMorou Posts: 7
edited December 10, 2015 2:56PM in .NET Reflector Previous Versions
I recently received notification that an update was available for Reflector to version 9. It extracts its assemblies and runs the internal msi from its stored location; however, the installer fails prematurely.

Is there a place I could e-mail the log file to?

Comments

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Alexander,

Sorry to hear there's been some trouble with installing!

You can email the log file to support@red-gate.com

Can I please check though--if you install by running the msi directly, does that install the tool successfully?

- Please download a new copy of the bundle installer from here: ftp://ftp.red-gate.com/DotNETDeveloperBundle.zip
    - Run it and right-click on its title bar and then select "Locate temporary files.." -- this will open the folder where the msi installers are located
    - For each the desktop app and VS extension, open the corresponding folder (for example, .NET Reflector Desktop_8.5.0.179_x86 and .NET Reflector Visual Studio_8.5.0.179_x86) and double-click on the msi file to run and install

Please let me know!

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    Thanks Jessica,

I hate to admit it, but I resolved the issue through a quick reboot. I usually keep my workstation on 24/7 so I didn't realize there was a pending setup that had finished that was preventing the installs from continuing.

Once I restarted the issue went away.

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused.